Always-On Local Voice RCU Solution
Benefits of Always-on Local Voice Remote Control
The AOV RCU solution can deliver improved experience to users:
- No need to find or grab the RCU
- No need to push the button for voice control
- Instant response – as compared to cloud AI
- Lower cost of AI ownership – no need for cloud service
- Privacy – no data transmitted to the cloud
The AOV RCU solution can provide the manufacturers with possibility to produce different products:
- RCU with advanced features targeting high-end segments
- Proprietary keywords & features
- Simpler and innovative design – fewer buttons
Comprehensive Always-on Voice RCU Solution
By combining TELINK’s ultra-low power RF connectivity SoC and 3rd party partner’s edge AI processor, this RCU solution features always-on edge voice control with a total system current of as low as 480uA in inference mode and 68uA in standby mode
TLSR8278 RF Connectivity
- Multi-protocol: Bluetooth LE & RF4CE (IEEE 802.15.4)
- Ultra-low power: sleep current <1uA
- Support FR1 Single-Layer PCB
- Low system BOM
- Full-stack SDK
- Mature solution adopted by Tier-1 customers
- Voice over RF – cloud AI
Near-field to Far-field Offline Voice Interface
- Typical working distance: within 3 meters
- Offline keyword spotting & speech recognition
- Existing demo supports English with global accent
- “Keyword + command” continuous detection
- Language and keywords are customizable
- Model footprint
- 300KB flash (stored in TLSR8278 and is loaded into the edge AI processor upon power up)
- Voice detection performance
- Passed “Alexa” mandatory testing
|Part Number||Datasheet||SDK||Dev Kit||Hardware Design Guide||TLSR8278 Audio RCU Reference Design|
|TLSR8278F1KET48||TLSR8278 Datasheet||Please contact Telink Sales Team||TLSR8278 Audio RCU Starter Kit||TLSR827X Hardware Design Guide||FR1 Reference Design
FR4 Reference Design
The AOV (Always-On Local Voice) RCU demo kit integrated with Alexa volume control skill is ready for quick system evaluation, it includes:
- TLSR8278 Audio RCU
- TLSR8278 Dongle (receiver)
- Telink Burning Board
- USB cable
PC installed with
Step 1: After the RCU is powered on, it will send ADV packet.
Step 2: Plug the dongle into the PC, then press SW2 on dongle board.
Step 3: Once the pairing is successful, the D2 Red LED on the dongle will light up.
- Note：If RCU and dongle have been paired, RCU will directly connect with dongle.
Step 4: Once the RCU enters deep sleep mode, the white LED on the dongle will light up.
Demo RCU with “Alexa” Keywords
- Speak “Alexa, Volume up”, the volume will be turned up on the PC.
- Speak “Alexa, Volume Down”, the volume will be turned down on the PC.
- Reference Design and Demo Kit
- Complete hardware and software reference ready for customization
- Design consultation and technical support
- Please contact Telink sales team or representative for more information, NDA may be required
- Battery Life Estimation
- Handy tool for system level design
- Neural Network Model Training
- Customer can do the training by themselves
- The 3rd party partner can provides the English Speech training according to customer’s spec
- Manufacturing and Testing Support
- Design consultancy, compliance testing, manufacturing, etc.