Remote Control Solution
Telink chips power remotes for some of the largest smart TV, set-top box, and OTT box manufacturers in the world. Telink have developed multimode solutions that deliver exceptional performance and unparalleled flexibility at an unbeatable price point.
Telink’s Flexible Remote Control Product Offering
|Function||SRAM||FLASH||GPIO||Voice||Single Layer PCB
|TLSR8273F512ET48||Bluetooth® LE + RF4CE||64K||512K||32||Y||Y|
|TLSR8253F512ET48||Bluetooth® LE + RF4CE||48K||512K||32||Y||-|
Telink’s multi-standard ultra-low-power IC features flexible configuration variations that are tailored to meet the diverse requirements of clients’ remote control products in a cost-effective way. These variations offer different options for supported protocols, memory size, and number of GPIOs, and BOM cost.
Clients who are looking for simple Bluetooth LE-only RCU solutions may choose 8271 or 8251 chip, which features the minimum number of GPIOs. Those who want their products to be compatible with multiple protocols may choose the more advanced 8273 or 8253 chip.
Simultaneous Support for Bluetooth LE and RF4CE
Since day one, Telink has been leading the change on IoT connectivity technology innovations that continuously enhance the user experience. Telink’s first-of-their-kind multimode chips support multiple modes of RCU operation — Bluetooth LE, RF4CE, 2.4Ghz, and IR — serving as the foundation of universal remote controls for all types of TVs, set-top boxes, and OTT boxes. Our products offer simultaneous support for Bluetooth LE and RF4CE stacks in two modes:
Manual switch mode
- Independent application states between Bluetooth LE and RF4CE.
- External triggers such as special key combinations can be used to switch between the two protocols.
Automatic switch mode
- RCUs are shipped from the factory with built-in support for both Bluetooth LE and RF4CE.
- When powered up, RCUs automatically search for either a Bluetooth LE or an RF4CE device to pair with.
Telink partners with industry leaders to provide RCU solutions featuring local voice recognition:
- Allows for near and far field local voice control without the need to access the cloud.
Telink supports innovative application cases like audio streaming via remote control:
- Bluetooth dual mode – Classic and LE audio (Broadcast Isochronous Stream).
- RCU controls the TV through Bluetooth LE while receives audio stream from TV through Bluetooth Classic. User can insert a headset on the RCU to listen to the TV sound without affecting other family members.
Quick Guides to Telink’s Remote Control Solutions
→ Bluetooth LE + RF4CE Dual-mode RCU Solution
- It uses two independent SDKs, which are programmed in different areas of the flash of the IC chip, and the corresponding wireless protocol is started up by configuring the bootloader and then pressing different keys.