B80 Generic Starter Kit Hardware Guide
- Material List
- Quick Start
- Online Purchase
The guide introduces how to get started with the Kit.TLSR8208A Generic Starter Kit is a hardware platform which can be used to verify TLSR8208 series chipset, and develop many kinds of 2.4G protocol application, including Bluetooth low energy 5.0 and 2.4Ghz proprietary standard. TLSR8208ADK56D is the core board of the kit. It has passed FCC, CE and ROHS.
|B80 Development Board
|Telink Burning Board
|including DuPont wires
|USB A to mini USB
The diagram below illustrates main components and default jumper setting on TLSR8208ADK56D and TLSR8208ADG56D when user gets it. It supports functions listed here in default setting.
- RF conducted test
- External Flash with reset button
- External EEPROM
- Chip reset button
- Mini USB interface
- 4 led, Key matrix up to 4 keys
Developers can choose any of the following tools for flash programming.
Power connection method with Telink Burning Board - 1
TLSR8208A supports a easy debug method. Only three wires are needed.
- 3V3V from Telink Burning Board is connected to VBAT from DUT.
- SWM from Telink Burning Board is connected to SWS form DUT.
- GND from Telink Burning Board is connected to GND form DUT.
Power connection method with Telink Burning Board - 2
Here are some questions often asked by FAE and customers.
- VBAT pin is the power pin of TLSR8208A, not VBUS pin. It means when power supply is connected to VBAT pin, TLSR8208A will work whatever VBUS pin is or not connect 5V. But when only 5V is connected to VBUS pin, TLSR8208A will not work correctly.
Power on firstly, then connect RF SMA through cable to equipment or through whip antenna when verifying chipset or develop function. The corresponding tool is EMI tool which can be gotten from wiki.
Use the right bin and tool after checking the test instrument.
When using EMI tool and bin, user often use spectrum analyzer to do rf test.
When using BQB bin, user often use CMW500, MT8852B and so on to do rf test.
- All of GPIOs of TLSR8208A have been connected to PINs.
- Then users can read the corresponding schematic and test all GPIOs.
Please refer to the Telink wiki to access relevant design files click here