Always-On Local Voice RCU Solution
- Comprehensive Solution
Benefits of Always-on Local Voice Remote Control
The AOV RCU solution can deliver improved experience to users:
- No need to find or grab the RCU
- No need to push the button for voice control
- Instant response – as compared to cloud AI
- Lower cost of AI ownership – no need for cloud service
- Privacy – no data transmitted to the cloud
The AOV RCU solution can provide the manufacturers with possibility to produce different products:
- RCU with advanced features targeting high-end segments
- Proprietary keywords & features
- Simpler and innovative design – fewer buttons
Comprehensive Always-on Voice RCU Solution
By combining TELINK’s ultra-low power RF connectivity SoC and 3rd party partner’s edge AI processor, this RCU solution features always-on edge voice control with a total system current of as low as 480uA in inference mode and 68uA in standby mode
|Part Number||Datasheet||SDK||Dev Kit||Hardware Design Guide||TLSR8278 Audio RCU Reference Design|
|TLSR8278F1KET48||TLSR8278 Datasheet||Please contact Telink Sales Team||TLSR8278 Audio RCU Starter Kit||TLSR827X Hardware Design Guide||FR1 Reference Design
FR4 Reference Design
- Reference Design and Demo Kit
- Complete hardware and software reference ready for customization
- Design consultation and technical support
- Please contact Telink sales team or representative to get the Demo Kit, NDA may be required
The demo below uses the TLSR8278 Audio RCU Starter Kit to demonstrate the Alexa voice control function.
The AOV (Always-On Local Voice) RCU demo kit integrated with Alexa volume control skill is ready for quick system evaluation, it includes:
- TLSR8278 Audio RCU
- TLSR8278 Dongle (receiver)
- Telink Burning Board
- USB cable
PC installed with
TLSR8278 RF Connectivity
- Multi-protocol: Bluetooth LE & RF4CE (IEEE 802.15.4)
- Ultra-low power: sleep current <1uA
- Support FR1 Single-Layer PCB
- Low system BOM
- Full-stack SDK
- Mature solution adopted by Tier-1 customers
- Voice over RF – cloud AI
Near-field to Far-field Offline Voice Interface
- Typical working distance: within 3 meters
- Offline keyword spotting & speech recognition
- Existing demo supports English with global accent
- “Keyword + command” continuous detection
- Language and keywords are customizable
- Model footprint
- 300KB flash (stored in TLSR8278 and is loaded into the edge AI processor upon power up)
- Voice detection performance
- Passed “Alexa” mandatory testing
Step 1: After the RCU is powered on, it will send ADV packet.
Step 2: Plug the dongle into the PC, then press SW2 on dongle board.
Step 3: Once the pairing is successful, the D2 Red LED on the dongle will light up.
- Note：If RCU and dongle have been paired, RCU will directly connect with dongle.
Step 4: Once the RCU enters deep sleep mode, the white LED on the dongle will light up.
Demo RCU with “Alexa” Keywords
- Speak “Alexa, Volume up”, the volume will be turned up on the PC.
- Speak “Alexa, Volume Down”, the volume will be turned down on the PC.